Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Weekly stock list (8/29)

This week I got bored with my regular list of stocks because there was not much changes and I decided to research and add more stocks to my list.

I updated My Dividend Stock List with all new stocks I added to my watch list. It doesn't mean I plan to buy all of them but if their prices drop one day, I might consider to buy. I added stocks, which have positive numbers and pay more than 4% in dividends.

I did not buy or sell any stocks this week. 

Here is my list for upcoming week.
Stock Name, descriptionprice as 8/29Yield
NENoble Corp$28.465.60%
MATMattel (toys - barbie, fisher price, baby gear, etc)$34.494.30%
MCDMcdonalds$93.723.40%
RIGTransocean ltd$38.657.60%
PCLPlum Creek Timber$40.634.30%
ESVEnsco$50.485.90%

*
If I move stock to this list, it means there was a price drop or current price is somewhere in the middle.
I do not buy stocks at their highest prices. I might miss some good stocks but I prefer to sit and wait.
If I have a stock on my list, it means I like something about this stock. If I buy one of these stocks, it does not mean I plan to keep them forever. I might sell them if their price would go up a lot and I feel it's time to sell.

I love Sales on my regular shopping sprays and I use this strategy for my stock shopping... :)

Check A Frugal Family Journey Collection of Stock Analysis
 h ere


My complete Watch List of Dividends Stocks here. I update this watch list at least once a month.

My stock picking strategy here

Please share your thoughts and watch lists.


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I am going to keep buying MCD and MAT through Loyal3 because they present the best value. I also like the dollar cost averaging by purchasing small amounts of shares every week. I own SDRL which is similar to RIG, but these are both risky. I can't complain with the hefty dividend. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing the same thing Mongrel, especially over the last couple of months. A great way to continue building my positions in a no-cost manner at reasonable valuations. Doesn't hurt that you can get a +1% rewards by using your credit card, essentially juicing your first year yield by that percentage.

      Delete
    2. I agree that SDRL and RIG are risky. This is why I think it makes sense to buy when they are trading at the lowest, wait if they go up and then sell.
      Yes, MCD and MAT are the best on my list this week.

      Delete
  2. Happy,

    That's an interesting list there.

    I think MCD is attractively valued right now, but I do think they have some fundamental issues with the company that need to be overcome. Usually I love when a high-quality company's stock pulls back, but I actually think this one was fairly warranted. MCD is one of my larger positions, so I hope they turn it around.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice watch list...we recently purchased 3 of the 6 on your list.

    Btw, thanks for the mention of our blog analyses collection!

    Cheers to attractively valued stocks. AFFL

    ReplyDelete