Monday, April 25, 2016

Stock I bought last Friday 4/22

I posted my Watch List for last week and from 4 stocks I had on my list I picked CCL - Carnival Corporation.

Business Summary from Yahoo 
Carnival Corporation operates as a leisure travel and cruise company in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. It offers cruises under the Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn brands in North America; and Costa, AIDA, P&O Cruises (UK), Cunard, and P&O Cruises (Australia) brands in Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company operates 99 cruise ships. It also owns Holland America Princess Alaska Tours, a tour company in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon, which owns and operates 11 hotels or lodges, approximately 300 motor coaches, and 20 glass-domed railcars. In addition, the company is involved in the leasing of cruise ships. It sells its cruises primarily through travel agents and tour operators. Carnival Corporation was incorporated in 1972 and is headquartered in Miami, Florida. Carnival Corporation operates as a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & Plc.

CCL - Carnival Corporation yields only 2.89% but for more than 15 years and this is a well known company.

I like the fact that at this moment this stock is trading below analyst predictions.

I also was going to buy RGR, but on Friday this stock went up by 2 dollars.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recent buy. CCL is a stock that you do not really find in many long term dividend growth portfolios. I mentioned that when you posted your watch list. Always love to see what others are buying and their reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always appreciate your comments DivHut! I am not sure how long I will keep CCL but we will see.

      Delete