Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Weekly Stock List (8/24)

I spent my last week in Samara, Russia. You can see Volga river on my picture. This is an old Russian town. It was my first time there and it was an interesting experience. But I am so glad to be back home! Everything feels perfect when I am at home! 


While I was in Russia, there was 9 hours difference, so the stock market was open by the time I was back to my hotel room. 

This week I sold one of my non dividend stocks - BJRI. I bought more shares of MCD and GSK and also added EC to my portfolio. 


Here is my list for upcoming week. It did not change much since last week.


Stock Name, descriptionprice as 8/23Dividend Yield
GSKGlaxoSmithCline$47.684.70%
MATMattel (toys - barbie, fisher price, baby gear, etc)$34.994.30%
MCDMcDonalds$94.453.40%
ESVEnsco$50.015.90%
ECEcopetrol SA$33.136.80%
* If I move stock to this list, it means there was a price drop or current price is somewhere in the middle.
I do not buy stocks at their highest prices. I might miss some good stocks but I prefer to sit and wait.
If I have a stock on my list, it means I like something about this stock. If I buy one of these stocks, it does not mean I plan to keep them forever. I might sell them if their price would go up a lot and I feel it's time to sell.

I love Sales on my regular shopping sprays and I use this strategy for my stock shopping... :)

Check A Frugal Family Journey Collection of Stock Analysis h ere


My complete Watch List of Dividends Stocks here. I update this watch list at least once a month.

My stock picking strategy here

Please share your thoughts and watch lists.


Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list HHWG!

    I've added a column to my watchlist to find bargains. It highlights every premium stock with less than 10% growth compared to their 52-week low.

    After the big fall a couple of weeks ago, this shows roughly 10 stocks which are currently trading at 'bargain' prices.

    This idea was actually born after reading your strategy, so thanks for that :)

    Best wishes, DfS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been adding small purchases of MAT and MCD. Thanks for updating your list and I hope you enjoyed your travels.

    ReplyDelete