Thursday, June 19, 2014

CAG - ConAgra Food - added to my watch list

Today I was scanning through "Most active Market Movers" and noticed CAG - ConAgra Food.

What I like about this stock:

1. The company carries well known and loved by many brands. Some examples are:
Frozen food : Healthy Choice, Marie Callender's, Kids Cuisine, Bertolli, PF Chung, Banquet.
Can food: Rotel, Chef Boyardee, Ranch Style Beans, Hunts
Snacks: Orville, Act II, Swiss Miss, Reddi Wip, Peter Pen, Slim Jim, David, Crunch and Munch.

2. The Bank of America downgraded this stock to "underperform", but TheStreet ratings team thinks the stock is "Buy" now and I agree with them. Read article here. I think this company will find a way to improve their earning,

3. It is trading close to their lowest of 52 weeks average - $29.42
52 Weeks range $28.09 - $37.28.

4. Dividends yield is 3.10%. The company pays dividends since 1984 and slowly increase them.

After reviewing their profile, financial statements and listening to one of the Earning conference calls I added this stock to my watch list and plan to acquire some shares soon.

What do you think about this stock?

Please share your opinion.



2 comments:

  1. CAG has been something I was looking at for a long, long time just never pulled the trigger. I am so heavy on consumer staples that I had to call it quits and diversify out of that sector. Still, with a really nice current PE and the slide of CAG today this may be a worthwhile purchase in the near term. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello DivHut! Thanks for sharing your opinion.

    ReplyDelete