Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Weekly Stock List (7/20)

I did not buy or sell any stocks this week.

It is reporting time for many companies, so we might see more stocks selling at bargain price.

if you visit my blog regularly, you might notice that my Weekly stock list is longer this week.

Stock Name, descriptionprice as 7/19Dividend Yield
CAGConAgra Foods inc$30.673.10%
ARIApollo Commercial Real Estate$16.559.50%
MATMattel (toys - barbie, fisher price, baby gear, etc)$36.203.90%
ROSTRoss Stores$63.311.20%
DRIDarden Restaurant group$44.384.40%
MCDMcdonalds$98.993.20%
RCIIRent-a-Center inc$24.773.20%
WHRWhirlpool corp$139.502.20%
CPBCampbell Soup$43.952.70%
WFMWhole Food Market$37.101.20%
* If I move stock to this list, it means there was a price drop or current price is somewhere in the middle.
I do not buy stocks at their highest prices. I might miss some good stocks but I prefer to sit and wait.
If I have a stock on my list, it means I like something about this stock. If I buy one of these stocks, it does not mean I plan to keep them forever. I might sell them if their price would go up a lot and I feel it's time to sell.

I noticed that MCD(Mcdonald's) shares price went down this week. This is one of the stocks I really want to have in my portfolio. Even if I am a healthy freak, I still like Mcdonalds. I believe they do have some "healthy" fast food options. My favorites are yogurt with fruit for breakfast, salad with grilled chicken or snack wrap for lunch or dinner.

ROST Ross Stores was trading at their lowest this week $91.90 on Thursday.
Read my post about ARI  hereROST here.

I wrote about DRI - Darden Restaurant group, RCII - Rent-a-Center  here, WHR -Whirlpool here, CAG - Conagra food here

I already have shares of WFM - Whole Food Market which I purchased in  May. The stock is trading at lowest now and if you believe in organic food market, you might consider this stock as a small addition to your portfolio.

I have shares of MAT - Mattel, which I purchased at their previous not good report. I added this stock back to my watch list because this stock is trading close to 52 lows. Everybody is saying "bye bye Barbie' but MAT - Mattel is not only Barbie. They also sell Fisher price toys, baby gear - seats, chairs, swings, nursery furniture, Polly Pocket, Hot Wheels, My American Girl, some Disney toys, etc. If you have a child, you know that we always will buy toys as well as Fisher price baby gear.
PE: 14.75, Dividends Yield 3.9%, paying dividends every year since 1990.
I believe this stock is a great addition to anyone portfolio.

I added CPB - Campbell Soup to my watch list. The dividend yield 2.7% is a little low for me but if the price of stock will keep going down, I might consider to purchase this stock. As I mentioned before I don't like to buy stocks when they are trading over 1 year target price. 1 year target price for CPB now is $41.27. PE 26.54.

My complete Watch List of Dividends Stocks here. I update this watch list at least once a month.

Please share your thoughts and watch lists.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I like MCD too. Long history of dividend increases, global presence, and the price dipped a bit over the last week or so. Also, I can get it on Loyal3 without paying commission.

    Regards,
    Dear Dividend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dividend, thanks for stopping by. Looks like it might be our time to buy some MCD... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HHWG,

    I like MCD after its rough quarterly report this morning and I have made a few purchases of CAG in recent weeks. If you like investing outside the typical cornerstone companies, which it appears you do, try looking at ESV, TRV, and APU.

    MDP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing My Dividend Pipeline. I have ESV and APU on my main watch list and I will take a look into TRV and MDP to see if I like these stocks.

      Delete
  4. I have been seeing alot of nice things about MAT recently, but I am out of the shopping market for the moment. Hopefully they will still be a good value when I am looking to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kipp, yes I am with you. I wish I would have more money to invest at this moment but there are always some stocks on sale. Good luck!

      Delete