Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Healthy Food for today - Chicken Bone Broth and Couscous

Today I cooked Chicken Bone Broth, I learned about couple of months ago.

Making your own broth is very simple and cost effective.

 I usually just use bones from chicken and cook it in my slow cooker almost for entire day.
I add carrots, onions and onions shells, celery. Broth is ready when bones are soft.



 Bone broth contains valuable minerals in a form your body can easily absorb and use. Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and a lots of other elements. It helps for proper digestion and can help to fight infection.

 Today I also cooked couscous for the first time. It was so fast and easy and my daughter liked it. Her dinner was couscous with chicken bone broth and pieces of chicken cooked in a different slow cooker with garlic, tomato and basil.

 I was wondering that kind of grain is couscous. I looked online and this is a coarsely ground semolina pasta. The grain is a staple in many North African countries. No surprise my daughter liked it, she always likes pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment