Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WOW to Dividend Mantra blog (dividends, IRAs and taxes)

I found this amazing blog. Dividend Mantra



 The guy Jason wants to retire young and investing very aggressively in dividend stocks.

He lives very frugal life and invest half of his income! Wow. I was very inspired by his blog.

 There are two things I disagreed on.

1. Part of Jason's buying stock strategy.

 I like how he invests his money every month but he said if he likes some stock he just keeps buying it every month. I tried this strategy before and it was two side road. Sometimes I would get really good prices and other months it would be too high.

2. Jason does not invest into any IRA account.

I was researching a lot about IRAs accounts.

This year to my surprise I even learned that you actually can invest into IRA (regular or Roth) plus SEP IRA if you have some self employment income.

 I do not know his tax situation but I remember that last year by investing into IRA I actually got some saver credit.

 Plus I noticed he has online income and he could invest into SEP IRA and reduce his self employment income as well.

Jason thinks he will start using his accounts in his 40s but in my opinion if he would invest some money into IRAs he can access these accounts later in his life.

But overall I was very impressed and inspired by this blog.

1 comment:

  1. There is an exclusive new opportunity that is trending online.

    Large companies are paying people just for giving their opinions!

    You can earn up to $75 per each survey!

    And it is available to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete